Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is looking for a full-time Controller to join our operations team. As a Winnipeg based, federally licensed producer of cannabis. Delta 9 is a Manitoba leader with a dynamic and “growing” work environment.
Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is seeking a Controller to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a Controller or Senior Financial Position. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and be able to work with various departments on various projects. The successful candidate will posses a CPA accreditation.
This individual will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the efficient and effective day to day operations of the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Accounting department, including the management of staff
- Responsible for the month end closing procedures and cut-off of invoicing and inventory control;
- Responsible for the generation and dissemination of the internal monthly Financial Statements and external monthly reporting requirements;
- Responsible for monthly Financial Analysis, evaluation/investigation of actual financial results compared to budget;
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist with year-end audit preparation
- Responsible for the development and implementation of process improvements and internal control procedures, where needed;
- Support the Accounting Assistant on workload/capacity;
- Other duties as assigned trained/directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Accountant, CPA with 5 years of relevant experience;
- Action-oriented, results driven with the ability to work in a team and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to plan and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and efficiency;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, driven
- The ability to work in an environment where the industry is new, the regulations are rapidly changing and there are no standards in place
- Experience working with publicly traded companies’ is would be an asset
- Ability to help design updated financial reporting systems and to work on with new ERP development team
- The ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Credit Check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Controller: 5 years (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)