At AON3D, we manufacture and deploy high performance industrial 3D printing systems. Our printers work with the strongest and most advanced commercial plastics in the world and allow our customers to use 3D printing in a production environment, rather than for just prototyping.
We're serving some of the world’s most innovative companies, in industries like automotive, space, healthcare, and more. Our growth continues and are looking for a driven and experienced Production Supervisor to join our Montreal team in a full-time, permanent position.
The production supervisor will be responsible for overseeing our team of assembly and quality control technicians in the manufacturing process of our printers. The production supervisor organizes and monitors the production work schedule, the distribution of tasks and staff schedule. They ensure proper communication between the production department and all other departments. They are responsible for the proper working of manufacturing and the adequate supply of parts and equipment. Additionally, the production supervisor is responsible for directing, disciplining, coaching, training, and assisting manufacturing employees in a light industrial factory setting and are expected to continuously seek out opportunities to improve efficiency and quality in partnership with the engineering department.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure manufacturing targets are met on time and on budget;
- Schedule and supervise the work of assembly technicians to produce electronic and mechanical units and components required for 3D printer assembly;
- Structure the production cells and plan product movement from one workstation to another for each order;
- Assign employees to various tasks and provide the necessary explanations for the manufacture of different products;
- Ensure employees are properly trained for specific tasks and for various tools and equipment;
- Manage work orders, establish priorities and distribute tasks to production staff under supervision and establish work schedules;
- Communicate missing parts in product manufacturing and regularly check inventories for upcoming manufacturing needs;
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in appropriate working order;
- Assemble and repair assemblies and subassemblies according to established procedures and using precision tools in accordance with the technical drawings;
- Ensure compliance with quality standards: inspect the different products leaving the production line, check the manufacturing process and compliance with the specifications listed and the packaging method of the product before sending it to the customer;
- Work with the Human Resources department to recruit, hire, train employees, plan for team growth and document team performance
- Work with the Sales department and communicate any changes in delivery schedules
- Work with the Engineering department for technical problem solving
- Develop and maintain processes to improve manufacturing productivity and quality;
- Develop and implement cost-saving strategies and techniques;
- Compile, analyze and ensure accuracy of manufacturing records;
- Sign and submit various budgets and reports showing departmental key performance indicators to upper management;
- Resolve issues and disputes between manufacturing and quality employees;
- Perform any other related work required.
- Collegial studies (DEC or technical) in mechanical assembly, electrical, electromechanical, robotics or other relevant field.
- Five or more years of experience in assembling machinery or similar assembly in a manufacturing environment.
- Three or more years of scheduling, workflow, health and safety, personnel and equipment management experience.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written in English and French
- Strong team building, decision-making, leadership and people management skills
- Ability to create employee accountability by leading by example
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical assembly processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and management principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean, safety, quality, and manufacturing principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, planning and organizational skills with a hands-on approach and ability to meet short-term commitments while also still executing on process improvement
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in 3D printing, robotics, industrial machinery or similar industry
- Experience using ERP (Odoo)
- 60k to 80k yearly depending on experience level, qualifications and past achievements
- Group insurance benefits including health and vision care
- Retirement Savings Plan
Why work at AON3D?
- A casual work environment with a young and dynamic team: leave the suit and tie at home!
- Open space office to support a collaborative working environment and facilitate communication.
- Amazing coffee and cold brew, team lunches, snack station, fresh fruit baskets delivered weekly, group activities and much more!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- assembling machinery in manufacturing environnement: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory/Management: 3 years (Required)
- French (Required)
- English (Required)