As a national, non-profit organization, the Royal College speaks for more than 50,000 medical and surgical
specialists and resident affiliates. The mission of the Royal College is to serve patients, diverse populations and our
Fellows by setting the standards in specialty medical education and lifelong learning, and by advancing professional
practice and health care. Located in Ottawa, the Royal College offers a stimulating and professional work
EMHS, Temporary full-time until October 2020
Are you passionate about event management? Do you enjoy planning? Do you like working and interacting with
others? Do you thrive in fast-paced, busy environments? If yes, this role is for you!
Under the direction of the Team Lead, Conference Management, you will assist with conference planning activities
and provide administrative assistance for conferences, meetings and special events as well as assist with other
activities of the department as required.
You will assist with various aspects of conferences including performing data entry for event set-up, food and
beverage and other requirements in a conference management system (USI). You will also prepare correspondence
and various documents related to logistics and coordinate the flow of information between conference
administrators/coordinator and facilities/suppliers. You will prepare conference and individual session evaluations
using the Royal College survey tool and mobile app.
You will collect program details from speakers and process correspondence and various documents relating to the
program and speaker communications and the abstract process, including updating checklists, guidelines and
forms for speaker packages and coordinating mailings.
You come to us with:
- College certificate or comparable specialized training in Meetings and Events planning or Hospitality and
- Two years of directly related experience in providing administrative assistance with meeting and conference
planning as well as special event logistics.
- Knowledge of meeting-industry practices and terminology.
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, including Word and Excel as well as knowledge of
meeting applications utilizing web sites.
- Ability to design and produce letters, memos, forms, reports and tables to a professionally-accepted standard.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Able to work under pressure and travel and work overtime when required.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) are required. French communication skills (verbal
and written) are an asset.
To apply, please forward your résumé, covering letter and salary expectations by January 19, 2020 to
firstname.lastname@example.org To ensure the hiring committee reviews your application, quote posting JD 908, last name,
first name in the email subject line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those under consideration.