Please quote Part-time Class 1 Driver on the email subject line
Drive trucks to transport goods and material in the city or surroundings & loading and unloading of cargo
Working Conditions: Duties performed in-cab, at loading docks and customer pickup & delivery sites
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and material to destinations
- Perform pre-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety & security of cargo
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using radio/telephone
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment
- Operate loading devices to load and unload materials onto and off trucks and loading docks
- Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks and to store and retrieve materials in warehousesOther activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials.Other duties as may be assigned in support of the dock and freight handling operation
Competencies / Requirements :
- Completion of secondary school
- 2 years experience in Truck Driving
- Class 1 with air brake endorsement
- Clear Driver’s Abstract at time of hire
- Clear Criminal record check required .
- Must be flexible with hours and available for various shifts/hours
- Backing skills an asset
We have a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates including Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Members of Visible Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
- Local P&D driving: 1 year (Preferred)