Norco Bicycles is a high-performance brand of choice for cyclists around the world. Since 1964, Norco’s parent company, Live to Play Sports Inc, has been Canada’s leading distributor of premium bicycles, parts and accessories, selling over 80 world-class cycling brands with a focus on mountain bikes. Live to Play Sports also owns and operates several proprietary brands, including Axiom Cycling Gear. Our head office and Canadian Distribution Centre is in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia.
Norco Bicycles is seeking a Creative Manager. Successful candidates will have with a history of leading a best in class creative team and be motivated by storytelling and weaving their passion for mountain biking into creative marketing initiatives.
You will be responsible for both in-house and contract/agency creative projects that deliver a quality, consistent brand look, feel and experience. Your portfolio should be a mix of imaginative ideas and effective execution, anddemonstrate strong project management skills and organization. You should inspire others and challenge your team to think in new ways in pursuit of objectives. With a strong background in events, print, video, and digital, you will translate business goals into results-driven, creative and inspiring deliverables that don’t just talk about bikes, butconnect with riders meaningfully and emotionally.
Role and Responsibilities
- Directand managethe work of the creative team and external agencies and/or freelancers, providing day-to-day project direction and feedback on all creative includingmerchandising, web, app, campaign, social, sponsorship and partnership requirements from concept to production
- Art direct and produce brand creative, new and innovative campaigns, photo shoots, video, advertisements to help drive both new and current consumer engagement through engaging and relevant content
- Lead and coacha team that includes graphic designers, video producers, photographers and copywriters
- Provide leadership to maintain the integrity of all creative processes and to apply best practices for new processes and enhancements
- Unifying visual identity and messaging across all internal and external channelsand ensures all communications maintain a high level of quality, feature a consistent tone and style, and support/reinforce our brand
- Manageprojects, and overseeing the team workload by leveraging tools such as creative and project briefs, work-back schedules, and marketing calendars
- Ensureall creative output is pixel perfect and copy-immaculate, every-time
- Createrules, processes, and guidance for creative project briefs, briefing stakeholders on these rules, ensuring consistency and quality benchmarks are always met in execution
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to develop a deep understanding of customer and influencer insights and to integrate those insights into compelling visual and verbal communications
- Support other marketing projects requiring content or design expertise and support
- Maintain designated content sections of the LTP Intranet (Marketing Resources)
- Graduate of College levelGraphic, Fine or Media Arts, Marketing or Communications programs
- Experience working with and managing a creative team
- 5+years of experience in a similar creative role
- Experienced preparing creative briefs and directing creative agencies, photographers, videographersand graphic designers
- Experienced with planning and strategic (aligned with business goals and objectives) creative development
- Strong understanding of the importance of branding and of fostering a voice for a product or service.
- Advanced knowledge of aesthetic, typography, colour and form
- Excellent working knowledge of photography, photo editing programs and graphic design
- Understands how copy drives response rates and producing highly responsive messaging with compelling calls-to-action.
- Superior knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint
Live to Play Sports Group Inc is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is decided on the basis ofqualifications, merit and business need.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent