Why Work For Canadian Niagara Hotels?
We are a company that believes in the talent of our associates, we are dedicated to assisting them in developing their skills to advance their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing an unparalleled hotel experience to each and every guest. As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you will also have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan as well as an employee discount program for hotels around the world.
This position is responsible for assisting in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure high quality and consistency of food preparation in accordance to Marriott standards while striving to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently
share these with others while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Marriott’s Mission, Vision and Values. Duties includes but not limited to:
- Maintaining a clean workstation
- Receiving, storing and preparing food items needed in the kitchen
- Preparation of all items as instructed by the Sous Chef and Executive Chef
- Adhering to standardized recipes in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met clean and maintain all equipment, counter tops, fridges/freezers and shelves
- Ensuring all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any areas and equipment in need of a work order; responding positively and in a timely manner to all internal and external guest requests
- Actively participate in The Marriott’s environmental programs and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- Be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment; foster an environment of cooperation within the department and between other departments within the hotel
- Perform any and all other tasks which are assigned by management; upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Minimize wastage in order to reduce food cost experience
- Adhere to the service excellence behaviours found in the daily basic card; etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have Red Seal Certification or near completion of Red Seal Certification
- Franchise experience
- Completion of Cook Apprentice Program
- Ability to skillfully and efficiently execute every station in a kitchen.
- Milestones experience an asset
- Experience in a high volume restaurant environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma preferred.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email resume to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Marriott team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.