The successful candidate reports to the Vice President, Construction and, working collaboratively with the Project Manager, leads a team of onsite construction professionals and subcontractors.
- To implement Magil’s Health and Safety Policy and Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adheres to the safety and record keeping requirements. Holds employees and subcontractors accountable for safety performance.
- Develops and maintains a project plan and construction schedule, in conjunction with the project team, to manage employee and subcontractor activities.
- Ensures that the project plan and schedule are executed within budget and that the work is completed in compliance with the design requirements.
- Responsible to review subcontractor’s scopes of work and schedules.
- Responsible to chair and minute weekly subcontractor meetings and distribute the minutes to the project team.
- Responsible to develop and maintain two week look ahead schedules and distribute to the project team.
- Completes thorough daily reports that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information and submits to the office daily.
- Ensures an adequate number of photographs showing progress and issues of concern are taken weekly and submitted to office.
- Reviews total job cost reports including labour costs with the Project Manager monthly.
- Coordinates all field engineering and inspections.
- Responsible for monitoring and effective management of all rental equipment.
- Ensures that all materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the projects quality control program.
- Responsible for ensuring subcontractor commissioning of equipment and systems is completed as per specifications.
- Responsible for monitoring performance and discipline of direct hires.
- Ensures weekly timesheets for direct hires are submitted weekly to office.
- Ensures all deficiencies are corrected in a timely matter.
- Advises senior management of potential problems at early stages and assists in their resolution.
- Performs additional duties assigned by senior management as required for successful project completion.
- Concrete High-Rise experience is mandatory for this position.
- Min 2-year construction degree/diploma and a minimum of 10 years progressive ICI construction experience, or equivalent technical training and experience.
- Proven ability to supervise projects with construction budgets up to 80 million dollars.
- Multi-family residential experience would be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry operations, specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Proven ability to understand scopes of work and ensure alignment to budget and schedule.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of : ”Procore” project management software would be an asset.
- Gold Seal/ Red Seal (Carpenter) Certification would be an asset.
- LEED® accreditation would be an asset
You will have the ability to work with a team of individuals who are passionate about what they do, and to receive encouragement and support for your individual career goals. There is a comprehensive employment package associated with the job and an attractive base salary.
Note: the above description of employment responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing/share options
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Extended health care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- High-rise : 10 years (Preferred)