Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at our Extendicare Haliburton, a 60-bed long-term care facility, located in Haliburton, Ontario.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Administrator assumes ultimate responsibility for providing high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff.
- Provide leadership in the establishment; achieve the residence’s goals and objectives; and manage human, financial and physical resources for the various departments of the residence
- Select and develop employees; provide an opportunity for growth and development; create an environment that will increase knowledge and skills among all employees.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families and the community in order to maintain a good public image for the residence.
- Participate in the budgeting process and manage the operation of the facility within budget while overseeing the accounting operations for the residence.
- A post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three years in duration, or post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of two years in duration (required, subject to the “Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision” requirement below)
- Administrator’s Certification (Minimum 100 hours of instruction time) completed or enrolled*) (required, subject to the “Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision” requirement below)
- “Ontario Fire Safety: Training for Owners/Operators” Course Certificate.
- At least three years of working experience (required, subject to the “Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision” requirement below):
- In a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services sector, or
- In another managerial or supervisory capacity, if he or she has already successfully completed the Long-Term Care Administrator Certificate (* noted above)
Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision
Persons working or employed as Administrators on July 1, 2010, who do not have the above required qualifications, and who have continued to work in that position may be hired as Administrators if they:
- Have worked or been employed for at least three years as a long-term care home Administrator, and,
- Have successfully completed a program in long-term care home administration or management or, subject to the requirements of the OLTCHA, are enrolled in a program in long-term care home administration or management that meets the requirements of the Act.
Additional qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of the employees
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with an emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Ability to generate creative solutions and new approaches to daily challenges
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices, principles and legislation
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles and applicable legislation
- Knowledge of the changing health care system is an asset.
- In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact ECanada@extendicare .com. *
Job Type: Full-time