Job Title: Maintenance Planner (Day Shift)
Reporting To: Maintenance & Engineering Manager
- Reviews work requests and engages the appropriate resources to set a preliminary priority.
- Reviews work requests for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number (if applicable), proper authorization, and discuss details with originator of the work order.
- Reviews the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work. They will consult with Leads, Supervisors, Originator, Production Supervisors and Stores as necessary.
- Obtains and organize all information required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate. Supplement this information by preparing any additional sketches, drawings, diagrams, notes, or any instructional material which will clarify the work to be performed.
- Identifies and secures all parts and material required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of Material for the work order and any special kitting instructions.
- Approaches all aspect of the work being performed with safety and food safety as the highest priorities.
- Provides job estimates based on craft or skills required, sequence required and number required.
- Determines and identifies any vendor delivered service for the work order. (i.e., contract vibration service or alignment services)
- Provides a total cost estimate for the work to be performed: labor, material, and outside services.
- Manages the status of work control and backlog for work order submission to work order completion. Status may include: waiting for planning, waiting parts, ready to schedule, scheduled, etc.
- Verifies all material, information, tools and Labor are available prior to scheduling. (with modifications)
- Actively participates in scheduling meeting with operation partners to finalize priority of work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times.
- Follows up and communicates schedules to all resources: maintenance, production, outside services, stores and engineering.
- Issues scheduled work orders with job plan packets to supervisors.
- Addresses any questions about the job plan packets.
- Follows up with supervisors and lead to ensure that completed work job packets are turned in with improvement comments in a timely fashion.
- Updates Job packets as required for the files.
- Manages a backlog of work orders which require major or significant portion of the facility to be shutdown.
- Continuously improves the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
- Ensures the health, safety, cleanliness, and security of the work environment.
- Ensures compliance with all product safety, legality and quality requirements.
- Understands and follows all HACCP, BRC and Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- A related Trade Certificate or related engineering/technical certification.
- 5+ Years experience in a maintenance role.
- Previous experience with maintenance programs/databases would be an asset
- A proven business sense with strong troubleshooting and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What We Offer (*):
Health and Group Benefits (100% of premiums paid by Griffith foods)
Education reimbursement program
Life event recognition and on the job recognition
Generous defined contribution retirement plan
Career development and growth opportunities
Annual wellness allowance
*please note that terms and conditions apply
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Griffith Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Planning: 5 years (Required)