The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calgary University is looking for a full time Maintenance employee
- Courteous, respectful and friendly attitude towards guests, co-workers
- Plan, organize, and implement a routine maintenance and preventative maintenance program for the property.
- Safe use of all materials, chemicals, tools and equipment used in the performance of job to avoid waste, unnecessary damage or accidents.
- Be aware and look for safety hazards to you, your coworkers and guests and report it immediately to your supervisor.
- Advise and discuss all major repairs with the General Manager before calling a company to fix damaged items.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Maintain security and privacy of our guests and hotel employees. Direct inquiries about guests, guest rooms, hotel services and fellow employees to the front desk. Notify supervisor of property trespassers.
- Assistance in maintaining a clean and orderly work area, storage rooms and job site.
- Assistance to delivery trucks as needed. Inspect delivery order against all products that are delivered and note discrepancies.
- Keep all vacuum cleaners and housekeeping equipment in good operating condition.
- Use appropriate checklists to perform scheduled inspections of all guests’ rooms and public areas.
- Perform maintenance work orders in a timely manor to maintain guest satisfaction. Do work orders pertaining to working condition of the room on the day the work order is written.
- Make weekly and monthly checks of all the light bulbs in the rooms – replacing those that have burned out, also grouting around bathtubs, grab bars and soap dishes in the guest room and public areas.
- Communicate with other departments pertaining to guest room condition and rooms on maintenance block.
- Maintain all swimming equipment in proper working condition. Backwash and vacuum as needed, and maintain a proper pH condition of the water. Hold proper chlorine levels and other conditions to Health Department standards.
- Handling all in-house repairs where possible in all areas of the hotel.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance checklists and other records.
- Systematic checks on all guest rooms to ensure that everything is in working condition. Where possible locate and correct problems for in room defects.
- Previous hotel or commercial building or building maintenance organization.Special Requirements: Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, climbing ladders and manual dexterity. Requires lifting of up 60 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Skills Required: Good customer relations and communication skills. Complete knowledge of hotel maintenance including plumbing, electric, painting, A/C repair, carpentry and swimming pool chemicals & equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- hotel maint: 1 year (Required)