As a Solutions Associate I, you’re an expert in customer service; providing a friendly and efficient checkout experience for our customers, ensuring we exceed their expectations. You’re responsible for the customer experience at the Cash/Customer Service Area. You have front office operational responsibilities and you maintain a clean, organized, and well-stocked cash/customer service area so that you’re always customer-ready. You’re committed to adding value for our customers and looking for ways to stay connected so that we can find meaningful ways to reconnect and continue to meet our customers’ working and learning goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Be responsible for the customer experience at the cash desk, including the maintenance of the cash desk area, blocking and facing of product at the registers, and assisting in the maintenance of the Business Centre, as needed.
- Be responsible for all customer purchase transactions; serve customers with exchanges, refunds, and general service inquiries. Partner with Floor Leader on customer escalations.
- Be responsible for reshelf and stock put away from returned items and misplaced product.
- Be responsible for float and end of day till counts and safe counts; assist with ship-to-store and BOPiS pick-up order pick up processing, and the retrieval of shopping carts/baskets.
- Be responsible for the management of our battery, electronics, ink, and pen recycling programs.
- Be responsible for maintaining flawless 5s processes for the front office, including COD maintenance, deposit paperwork, weekending paperwork, return verification reports, over/short reports, and price override audits.
- Support the store and team members by providing coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require, including cash support; demonstrate Connect, Share, Partner behaviours at all times.
- CONNECT: Greet customers you encounter throughout the store.
- SHARE: Demonstrate curiosity through open-ended questions and listening.
- PARTNER: Call an associate or specialist to assist the customer in their area of expertise so that they can provide further assistance.
- Assist customers in the Business Centre, when needed.
- Understand and adhere to all privacy and information management policies and procedures.
- Properly secure all company assets and physical inventory. Follow all Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Ensure a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position as outlined in the training checklist.
- Check all sources of communications about the business, initiatives, and results through shift starter meetings, communication boards, and The Hub, and follow company direction.
- Identify and communicate suggestions for improvements in all areas of the business. Share how you Connected, Shared, and Partnered on your shift, and communicate referral opportunities.
- Maintain general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom, and washrooms for a positive customer and associate experience.
- Be responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and accountable to inform management of any maintenance issues.
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety; be responsible for reporting any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- Follow the company bag check policy, which requires personal parcels including bags, totes, purses, and backpacks be checked by a manager or leader prior to leaving the store premises.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage customers and inspire them through professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Make decisions with integrity that support company guidelines and contribute to an inspiring customer experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner, and seek out assistance as required to maximize the customer’s positive experience.
- Plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to maximize the customer experience.
- 3 months to 1 year of previously related experience is preferred.
- Must be able to lift between 5-50 lbs.
- Working toward successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Solutions finder
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.