Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth - we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Shift: Friday - Monday ; 3 am – 1:30 pm (Friday and Monday) and then 6 am – 4:30 pm (Saturday and Sunday); 4 days/ week, 10 hours/day
Role Purpose: Performs assigned tasks in the evisceration department to ensure that the equipment is maintained and operates at optimal performance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment when necessary; dismantles, cleans, and reassembles equipment as needed for processing.
- Works closely with Department and Maintenance Supervisor, providing feedback as to how equipment is performing.
- Sets up equipment to ensure that all products manufactured in the department meet Company and customer requirements.
- Work with CFIA on HACCP Plan. Identify any deficiencies on the line and work with CFIA to correct.
- Collect all material and ensure that everything is accounted for as per P&P program (e.g. scissors and knives).
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition, according to GMPs.
- Accurately record the relevant monitoring tasks in the department records.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Adhere/comply with company policies and procedures.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Machine operating experience, and/or must possess mechanical aptitude;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations;
- Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Well organized team player with good interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.;
- General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
Education and Certification Requirements: High School Diploma required.
Working Conditions: Works in a controlled environment – Well-lit wet and humid live slaughter area.
HOW TO APPLY:
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.55 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- food industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Required)