Gateway Mechanical has grown to be the industry leader in the maintenance and installation of commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems across Western Canada. We service our market through our 19 Branch offices, 300 employees, and well equipped service fleet. With a results-driven culture, we are committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
Do you have Crazy Potential?
In the right environment, you can achieve extraordinary things.
2nd Year or 3rd Year Apprentice Plumber
As a 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice Plumber you will install new equipment and perform renovation repairs for our valued clients while show casing your exceptional customer service skills.
- Install new equipment.
- Perform renovation repairs
- Work within the construction industry in commercial and industrial environments such as Supermarkets, Datacentres, Institutions, etc.
- Perform work using hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Maintain clean and operable equipment, vehicle and work area at all times.
- Complete the required daily equipment inspections, safety reports, and Field Level Hazard Assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Exercise sound judgement and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Technical expertise of a 2nd or 3rd year apprentice
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Excellent Multi-Tasking and work load prioritization abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Safety Conscious
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in the Construction Industry an asset.
- 2+ years in a similar role.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Valid safety certifications such as First Aid, WHMIS, TDG, CSTS, PSTS, Fall Protection, AWP, H2S Alive, considered an asset.