Buchanan Lodge is a faith-based home providing elders receive holistic and spiritual care and our mission is to provide our residents the finest care optimizing the health, safety and dignity of the residents in our care.
We are currently looking for a Casual Registered Nurse, reports to Clinical Care Coordinator and/or designate.
- Actively promotes the philosophy of the Facility by participating as a member of a multidisciplinary team, contributing ideas to resident programs and by promoting the interests and independence of residents.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility as a Team Leader for the total care of residents and may provide leadership for and direction to other members of the nursing team.
- Coordinate the delivery of individualized resident/client care through assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care needs. Perform direct care such as administration of medications, application of treatments and the performance of assessments.
- Assignment of duties/tasks to care aides, licensed practical nurses, students, preceptors and ensure completion of same with respect to the care provided as required.
- Maintains complete accurate records of utilizing the Nursing process.
- Participates in health education program for residents, relatives and staff.
- Promotes and interprets all established policies and procedures to staff, residents and visitors.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains current knowledge of professional practice through literature review, educational program attendance and involvement in professional groups, as outlined in continued competency requirements.
- Assumes in charge/Team Leader responsibility position as required.
- Attends care conferences and presents nursing assessments. Recommends interactions to the Multi-disciplinary Team. Participates in the development of the resident care plan in enhanced consultation with the resident, the care team and the family.
- Provides input to the Clinical Care Coordinator and/or designate in regard to the development and implementation of Program policies, nursing care audits and continuous quality improvement activities. Communicate new and revised policies and procedures regarding delivery of care to designated staff.
- Complete Incident Reports and carry out follow-up actions. Forward reports to the Director of Resident Services through the Clinical Care Coordinator.
- Maintain liaison with clinical instructors from external training programs, monitor performance of health care students on practicum and provide information to instructors/resident care managers for student evaluation.
- Collect, compile and report statistical and quality improvement data for research and evaluation process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals [BCCNP]and/or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC [CRPNBC].
- Current certificate in CPR.
- Experience in long term care or community based program preferred (3 years minimum)
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of community and facility health care systems serving the geriatric resident.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Aware of licensing requirements and infection control standards
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- registered nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)