- Review of drawings for accuracy and conformance to the estimate, contract documents, company manufacturing standards and engineer’s design.
- Provide regular reports regarding progress of work currently assigned and enter data so departmental KPI’s are accurate and timely.
- Create, modify & review Product drawings (Typically 2-D) for accuracy and content prior to submitting for review, and be convinced that the information they have presented is correct in its entirety.
- Conform to Quality Standards and identify or report any potential quality issues, See Something, Say Something.
- Meeting all scheduled requirements. If changes or problems pose a threat to accomplishing work in a timely fashion, communicate issues immediately to their manager. Schedule work accordingly and undertake overtime where required to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Work in conjunction with Customers, Engineering, Sales, & Operations departments to pro-actively identify problems, and find solutions. Will involve visiting the manufacturing facility to learn products & production methods / techniques, investigate issues in more detail, check dimensions and any other projects that may be required.
- Participate in the continuous improvement tasks assigned to the department. This may involve coordination of internal initiatives, drafting of specific drawing standards, and education/training of new programs / processes.
- Provide support to Sales, Production and Operations departments as directed.
- Ensure that the distribution of drawings (internal and external) is properly coordinated.
- May include general office duties and any other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Engineering Manager.
- Technologist certificate/diploma an asset
- Minimum two years of experience of drafting (manufactured products preferred)
- Advanced Computer skills: Excel, Word, Microsoft suite
o Vectorworks and AutoCAD drafting knowledge and certification
- Understanding of the construction industry and knowledge of precast concrete manufacturing
techniques are considered strong assets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Responds quickly to problems with a sense of urgency
- Organized, with neat and accurate notes
- Proactive and strong planner
- Problem analysis, problem solving skills
- Proficient in Mathematics
- Self-motivator and quick learner
- Experience working in a strong “safety culture” desirable
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet changing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to ensure compliance with all safety regulations, Quality
standards and maintain diplomacy in the workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 2 years (Required)
- Precast concrete manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)