We are seeking a determined, passionate, and hardworking Civil Engineering Project Manager to make their mark at our brand-new office in Langley, BC. With a growing team, a rooftop patio, and a short drive to Pitt Lake, our new Langley office offers you an opportunity to ditch the commute, and to work and live in the Fraser Valley.
We have also partnered with several of our land development clients and may be able to offer the right candidate preferred employee housing.
McElhanney Ltd. has worked on more than 75 projects for the Township of Langley, as well as projects with the City of Langley, and we continue to pursue strong, long-term, and mutually beneficial relationships with our local municipal clients.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a challenging opportunity in Civil Engineering, while working on big city projects in a smaller city. McElhanney’s culture of mentorship and career growth makes this position the right fit for engineers up for the job of both mentoring junior staff and being mentored by senior management and engineering specialists within our organization.
If you’re ready to escape the expensive costs of downtown Vancouver without compromising on the breadth and diversity of projects to work on, apply today.
- Manage civil and municipal projects
- Carry out and oversee aspects of engineering design for land development and municipal projects, from proposal stage through commissioning of the work
- Develop new business and establish strategic relationships with key clients, agencies and partners
- Prepare and submit superior proposals and technical reports
- Generate invoices for clients and track against agreed client budgets
- Manage multidisciplinary teams, providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of progressive experience in the design and management of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered
- Demonstrated sound business development and client liaison skills and a keen entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with all government levels, construction contractors and developers
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D considered an asset, as well as municipal infrastructure modeling software.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.