Key Must Haves:
1. Should have a Strong technical background in Systems (either Windows or Linux) and Cloud (AWS, Azure or Google) at an architect level therefore strong designing experience
VMwareESXi (be able to automate daily processes and procedures)
3. People management experience or having being a team lead (this person will have 16-17 direct reports)
4. Strong storage knowledge (any, we are utilizing EMC SAN)
Will have 17 Direct reports. 17 system admins (Linux, windows and storage); mix of contractors and fulltime
2000 server (mix Windows & Linux)
The role is to plan, and direct daily operations, administration, maintenance, and support efforts of the Core Systems and Storage to ensure the Company has a robust, scalable, reliable and efficient Infrastructure that supports its business.
Leads, technically, a team that will participate in projects, installation and configuration. As well as support Systems and Storage service offerings, including BAU requests, platform currency and capacity planning.
Oversees daily operations and monitoring of our co-location data centers, Systems and Storage, and Services.
You will be accountable to:
Your experience includes:
- Establish and manage Systems and Storage service offerings as well as lead and manage a team of technical System Administrators. Prioritize and assign tasks to team members and ensure all the work assignments are being delivered with acceptable quality and meet SLA
- Leads the daily operations, including BUA Service and Change Requests, Incident Investigation / Remediation, and Monitoring of Systems and Services
- Participate in and lead projects with development, applications, and operations teams to engineer, deploy, and support technical solutions. Also build the supporting Systems and Storage for core in-house development gateways, transaction and payment processing systems
- Participate in establishing and supports the enforcement of technology standards, processes and policies related to Systems and Storage
- Provides technical infrastructure support and coordination for escalated incidents and problems from engineering and operations teams. Along with participating in audits as needed whereby producing necessary documentation, reports and explanations
- Enforce data security, premises integrity and access procedures as per company security policy. Plus, creating and maintaining necessary documentation related Systems and Storage service offerings, and best practices
- Maintains good working knowledge of business application, current infrastructure and future trends. As well as coach and help develop team members
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or a related field of study
5+ years of experience in a lead position.
Strong experience with designing and administering Linux and/ or Windows Servers and VMware’s vSphere Platform
Experience with Cloud Platform (e.g. Microsoft Azure or AWS) strongly preferred
Extensive experience with designing and building with at least one of the following technologies (Cisco UCS and/or IBM) and/or Storage (EMC and Netapp)
4+ years of experience with the following technologies:
Windows Active Director, Exchange server/O365, Backup software, Clusters, Datacenter architecture, PKI, Single Sign On, Citrix (XenApp, XenDesktop)
Experience in building and operating Container platforms using Openshift, Kubernetes, Dockers, etc.
Strong experience with scripting, automation, and orchestration technologies
Leadership with ability to lead, mentor, deal with conflict resolution, and guide teams through change and every day challenges. In addition to having exceptional analytical ability to assess the business and technology to facilitate problem solving and collaboration
Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders with accuracy and professionalism
For 35 plus years Bevertec has been at the forefront of providing top level technology professionals to our clients across the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Canada and beyond. Bevertec specializes in technology professionals but looks to fill all professional roles that help expand and grow our client’s business and advance our candidates careers.
Remaining at the forefront of providing staffing solutions has been no easy task for us, that why we depend on topcaliber candidates like yourself and our team of business development managers to provide you with the opportunities to work with leaders within the IT realm to meet your aspirations. As proof of our continued success Bevertec places candidates with leaders in the public and private sector and continuous remains a vender of record with large organizations across the country.
Learn more at www.bevertec.com