About WISI America
At WISI, we have spent almost 100 years focused on implementing the most innovative and reliable technology solutions.
Today, we focus on helping video distributors minimize operating costs while maximizing the scale and efficiency at every point in their network. We design and manufacture our innovative products right here in BC and sell them worldwide. We are growing and looking for great people that will contribute to and share in our success.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and have some awesome perks in our beautiful office space. The company is located in Pitt Meadows, BC a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
We have been certified as a Great Place to work after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work Institute Canada.
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
You will join the development team as a web developer to design, build and ship high-performance video delivery solutions. We are a small cross-functional team focused on delivering interactive customer value in an agile fashion.
You are a passionate web developer with 5+ years of web development experience who can switch between front-end and back-end. You enjoy working closely with designers, developers and other stakeholders to build UI/UX components as well as back-end services and APIs. Your passion for technology keeps you learning and adopting new techniques and trends.
- Develop scalable web-applications with rich user experiences
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-applications built on Inca Networks technologies.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Develop frameworks such as continuous integration and test-driven development to enable the quick delivery of working code
- Collaborate with other developers and web-designers to design and implement new features
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code
- Create and document software tools required by management or other developers
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets
- Contribute to technical design documentation
- Design, document and implement automated QA tools and processes for new feature and regression testing
- Build and operate test systems, perform performance and load testing, maintain a database of results
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- Min 5 years of professional experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of front-end technologies such as Angular and React
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with service-oriented architectures
- Experience utilizing REST APIs
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker
- Knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases, including postgres, redis, influxdb
- Tools: AWS, Azure, Github, JIRA
- Understanding of software development best practices and full software development life cycle including coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 5 years (Required)