Assistant Account Manager (1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
The Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Account Manager to join our team. As an Assistant Account Manager, you will support OCS Wholesale Account Managers to deliver exceptional service to Licensed Cannabis Retailers across Ontario. As Assistant Account Manager, you will use your proven customer service focus and excellent communication skills to be the voice of the Retailers when liaising with internal stake-holders. You will ensure the appropriate actions are taken internally to support the continuous improvement efforts of the Account Managers’ for our clients. You will provide new Retailer onboarding, supporting OCS wholesale business relationships. You provide the initial, and ongoing dedicated service and operational process supports for new stores.
As Assistant Account Manager, you will work closely with various OCS internal departments and play an important role in managing positive retailer relationships. You will use your understanding of key business metrics, retail operations, supply chain/logistics to support and provide superior service for our Clients.
About Your Day
- Support strategic, long term relationships with clients by facilitating the onboarding of new retailers, providing regular reports, coordinating meetings, and effective communications with clients.
- Work with the Account Manager to gather client support requirements, fully understand the client’s business, and provide the appropriate care for the client
- Represent the voice of the client within the OCS and contribute to the long-term service planning and problem-resolution to help build a client centric, continuous improvement culture.
- Liaise with the Client Service team for the accurate execution of the weekly order cycle to ensure the seamless delivery of product to retailers and to ensure the client needs are met.
- Work closely with the Communication/Customer Strategy teams to ensure effective communications, content and support items are developed to meet the retailer and business information needs.
- Liaise within the Client Service Team who provide end to end order flow management.
- Liaise with the Merchandising Team to ensure product information shared with the retailers is accurate, timely, and complete.
- Collaborate on the development of sales forecasts, KPIS, metrics and presentations to provide market intelligence for our internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of product and accessory offerings to ensure that clients have appropriate inventory levels and variety to establish a successful retail environment.
- Work on to various continuous improvement projects to meet or exceed our client expectations.
- Occasionally, represent the Account Manager for business meetings, including periodic in-field visits throughout the province.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or a related field and/or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 3+ years of retail management experience as a Retail Manager and/or as an Account Manager and/or Client Services Representative supporting a wholesale business.
- Experience and understanding of the processes involved in supply chain, inventory, retail and customer service.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in utilizing data analysis, including: sales forecasting and trend analysis. Experience utilizing Client Relationship Management tools an asset.
- Experience creating strong relationships with a diverse client group. Experience creating strong relationships with Indigenous or First Nations communities would be a strong asset.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. French language skills would be an asset.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: 1 year fixed term contract
- Required Travel: Yes, within Ontario
- Application Deadline: September 23, 2019
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.