We are currently hiring for the full-time position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator reporting to the Owner/Operator.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within the wine industry
with a marketing focus and strong communications and customer service skills and have a proven track record for achieving sales and financial goals.
Please find job description and qualifications below.
Responsible for all aspects of the marketing and communications, including but not limited to:
- Providing an exemplary tasting room guest experience including hosting wine tastings, Tours, sharing knowledge regarding our story, philosophy, wines and vineyards
- Responsible for posting and updating to all social media platforms
- Prepare ads, event posters and newsletters.
- Wine and Barrel Club (logistics, planning, and customer relations) as well as direct to consumer sales
- Maintain brand continuity throughout all marketing initiatives
- Provide support with marketing, communications and event initiatives as required
- Maintain website brand continuity, design layout and navigation and manage website updates as required.
- Represent winery at off-site events, tastings and venues as required
- Achieving set sales and financial goals
- Educating customers, licensees and staff about our wines, our story and our brand
- Build and maintain positive relationships with community partners to drive traffic to the tasting room
- Overseeing additional sales channels including Farmers’ Markets, seasonal shows and sales opportunities
Application qualifications include:
- A business degree with a sales/marketing focus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing related role
- Professional warm and welcoming personal presentation
- Dynamic, outgoing and motivated with the capabilities to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills, project and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software with concise verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms
- Wine industry-related marketing, communications and digital experience an asset
- Basic Food Safety, First Aid, and Serve Right certification are considered an asset
- Must be available to work evenings, and weekends, and holidays as required
- Able to stand for long periods, and lifting up to 40lbs
Team Member Compensation:
- Each team member has the opportunity and is expected to be involved in many aspects of running a small winery
- Planters Ridge Winery offers competitive wages with full employee benefits
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)