Location: Vice-President (External)
Expected Start Date: 30/09/2019
Full Time: Yes – 35.00 hours/week Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Posting End Date: 11/09/2019
Job Description: Director, Advancement Services- Level H (EMAPS)
Salary Range: $70,464 - $126,835 per annum
Proposed Start Date: September 30, 2019
Trial/Probation Period: 1820.00 work hours
- Reporting to the Associate Vice-President (Alumni and Donor Relations), the Director, Advancement Services is responsible for directing the support and coordination of all information services, prospect research, gift processing and donor services for External Relations and the University of Manitoba.
- Supports and guides the Alumni and Donor Relations portfolio.
- Provides and builds effective infrastructure systems, processes and quality services.
- Ensures effective data protection, confidentiality and record management processes are in place.
- Determines key staff resources to produce analytical data, reports, and new tools.
- Understands the unit and divisional goals and needs then interprets into data and analytical requirements, then into analytical/reporting solutions
- Works with related departments and your team to design and maintain reporting and appropriate data analytics that support both departmental and institutional priorities and objectives.
- Evaluates and realigns all aspects of the departments operations to facilitate and reinforce the effectiveness of strategic plans.
- Oversees and ensures the delivery of a customer and donor centric Advancement Services team.
- Leads the evolution of data analytics and CRM capabilities for the University of Manitoba
- Provides guidance and counsel to the Associate Vice-President (Alumni and Donor Relations) and the External Relations Leadership Team in regards to Prospect Management and Data Analytics functions, programs, policies, and processes.
- Oversees and directs the development, management, and university-wide use of a robust and coordinated prospect management system.
- Provides expert guidance in the development of policies, guidelines and procedures related to the advancement functions.
- Analyzes strategy performance by distilling complex data into concise and actionable recommendations.
- Ensures a culture of philanthropy is incorporated into every aspect of the department.
- Conducts quarterly evaluations for all direct reports and ensures all managers within the department conduct quarterly reviews with their direct reports.
- Manages external data vendor relationships
- Keeps up to date on relevant trends related to fundraising and higher education.
- Maintains a strong understanding of current management practices, leading change management initiatives, program development, managing a diverse staff complement.
- Monitors adherence to policies and acts as a consultant to the External Relations unit to ensure alignment.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates the upgrading of the university's CRM database and data integration system.
- Obtains resources, including information and approvals, required for staff to meet their goals.
- Establishes a framework for data-driven decision making and prospect research, clearance, and management.
- Utilizes best practices in data analytics, modelling, and reporting.
- Oversees the development and deployment of reports.
- Creates performance metrics.
- Ensures prospect identification and clearance, research, cultivation, solicitation and data processing systems are in place.
- Aligns gift acceptance and other related policies to best practices and the needs of University of Manitoba.
- Provides consultative advice to a variety of areas across campus with respect to philanthropic issues, statistical information, etc.
- Ensures the External Relations Division operates in compliance with FIPPA and other relevant privacy legislation.
Minimum Formal Education/Training Required:
- University Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration or Project Management is required.
- Background in data analytics, statistics, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum seven years of senior level experience in a large, complex organization.
- Three to five years of data modelling and analytical experience.
- A demonstrated track record of success in using analytics to guide successful strategy.
- Experience with accountability for information management and data analytics using a large, complex database.
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel, SAS, SQL, Tableau.
- Proficiency with Raiser's Edge software (or similar system) is an asset.
- Experience with database marketing with strong business acumen and robust analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prior management/supervisory experience, with the ability to lead and motivate staff is preferred.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strategic planning skills with the ability to incorporate broad vision into the short-term and long-term goals.
- Ability to identify opportunities and anticipate challenges, both in the internal and external environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to respond to internal and external constituents with tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Above average communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong public speaking skills.
- In-depth knowledge of project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices related to data analytics.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn and use software programs, including the data management systems, Raisers Edge, etc.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be visionary and goal focused.
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with academic and administrative staff, External Relations colleagues, alumni, students, and volunteers.
- Openness to recognize when change is necessary, and to develop, implement and lead effective change management strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a diverse staff.
- Ability to communicate with technical staff, non-technical staff and demonstrate expertise related to data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively under time constraints.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to guard confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to higher education.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
To apply, visit https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca and enter job title in search bar.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,464.00 to $126,835.00 /year