We are expanding our dynamic team and excited to be offering the following opportunity. We are looking for an ambitious and energetic individual as a Team Lead. This position will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Act as a liaison between Management and front line employees
- Ensure adequate headcount of staff daily
- Responsible for training new hires and casual labourers
- Keep teams up to date with daily operationalissues, priorities and tasks
- Manage the receipt and release of client orders, ensuring all client orders are shipped in a timely manner as per customer service level agreements
- Assist team by receiving, picking, packing, shipping, returns, value added processing and sub-assembly to ensure deadlines are met
- Contribute to company-wide continuous improvement initiatives
- This position is mostly a Monday/Friday position, but from time to time, this employee will be required to provide extended hours, off hours and weekend coverage, if required.
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in warehousing, distribution and/or transportation
- General understanding of full supply chain and logistics functions, including shipping, receiving, warehousing, etc.
- Very strong working knowledge of ERP/WMS
- Excellent PC skills, including MS Access, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a team environment and apply basic leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Extremely organized individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm in stressful circumstances
- Strong communicator with a demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment and capable of working effectively with all levels within an organization.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience with a full benefits package following 3 months of employment.
We support a barrier-free workplace supported by the company’s accessibility plan. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)