About Brenntag Canada
Brenntag Canada is a subsidiary of Brenntag, the global market leader in full-line chemical distribution headquartered in Germany. We are a leading distributor of specialty and commodity chemicals to major Canadian resource and manufacturing industries. With more than 100 years of history and experience, our commitment to safety, quality, service, and responsible distribution is unparalleled within our industry. We are determined to be the most effective industry channel for our customers and suppliers.
What We Offer You
As part of our ‘2020 Vision’, we will continuously strive to provide a working environment where the best people want to work. We value safety, leadership, employee involvement, entrepreneurial thinking, and innovative ideas. We offer our employees:
- A safe, friendly and supportive team environment
- Competitive base salary and incentive program
- Company Vehicle
- Full Benefits including medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- Pension package with a company match
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Physical Wellness Subsidy
- A commitment to career development and advancement opportunities
About the Position
Purpose of Position: Purpose of the position:
To effectively manage a sales territory that targets growth in the customer base, sales, volume
and profitability, while ensuring customer requirements are being met.
- Achieves or exceeds annual planned sales and margin objectives for the assigned territory or market segments while maintaining expenses within assigned budgeted guidelines;
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of annual territory budgets and marketing/industry promotion plans for the assigned territory or area of accountability;
- Identifies and reports potential sales growth opportunities and factors which could influence Brenntag’s local marketing plans and objectives;
- Works with the assigned customer service representatives and analytical and technical resources (internal and external) to ensure a level of service that exceeds customers’ expectations;
- Troubleshoots and/or assists customers with formulation requirements
- Participates in training as required
- Establishes strong business relationships with an existing customer base and develops value relationships with potential clients to expand business;
- Utilizes the Brenntag Sales Process and maintains Saratoga (Customer Relationship Management) database promptly, with specific emphasis on contact reports, consumption updates and opportunity pipeline;
- Actively participates in Commercial Excellence to ensure the territory is managed as profitably as possible, which includes but not limited to: Price management; upselling to existing customers and expanding current customer portfolios; reducing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO); and other such activities as defined by the Sales Manager.
- Post-Secondary Education with a focus in Science or equivalent
- Experience in the chemical distribution business, preferably in a sales capacity (3-5 years)
- Strong technical background
- Must be self-motivated with good people skills, able to work independently
- Sound computer skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Superior presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Must be able to travel
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our organization and meet the specified qualifications, please submit your resume with the subject line: Account Manager – Personal Care, Ontario.
Brenntag Canada Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applications from all diverse groups are welcomed and encouraged. Every person has a right to equal treatment with respect to employment free from discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to protected grounds under the Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Background Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Account Management: 3 years (Required)
- Chemical Distribution: 2 years (Preferred)