Meighen Haddad LLP has openings for a permanent full time REAL ESTATE ASSISTANT and a REAL ESTATE SUMMER STUDENT in our downtown Brandon office.
Meighen Haddad LLP is the largest full service law firm in Southwestern Manitoba. Since 1882, the firm has been wholly owned and operated by local Partners who live and work in Brandon and the Southwestern Manitoba communities they serve. We provide a full range of legal services to clients from major corporations and public institutions, to small businesses and individuals.
Working as part of a team of professionals dedicated to residential real estate transactions:
- Accurately collect all required information from third party sources, clients and lawyers
- Prepare real estate transactional and conveyance documents including transfers, caveats, mortgages, refinancing documents and all purchase or sale related documents
- Conduct and review searches, including online searches with Property Registry Offices, Municipal Tax, Personal Property Registry
- Manage all incoming and outgoing funds, including calculation of requisition of funds for closing, mortgage financing and other requirements
- Submit real estate transactional and conveyance documents for filing at Property Registry Offices
- Prepare reporting letters and invoices upon completion of transactions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities
- Thrive in a fast paced, high pressure office environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Recognized Business Administration training or equivalent experience and education would be an asset but is not required. Training will be provided.
A satisfactory Criminal Records Check will be required. Application deadline is February 21, 2019.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time