Build your career at GardaWorld Aviation !
GardaWorld Aviation Services is the largest provider of security services to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). We deploy specialized security professionals in 28 airports in Canada, protecting the traveling public and enabling smoother and safer cross-border business interactions. Our highly qualified security professionals understand that travel still needs to be a positive experience and know how to respond to challenging situations. The friendly, approachable manner of the GardaWorld team is part of what sets us apart.
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 48,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East
Job description for Pre-board Screening Office (Responsibilities include but are not limited to)
- Screening the travelling public and their belongings
- Ensuring non-permitted items do not enter the secure area
- Providing excellent customer sevice to the travelling public
- Representing GARDAWORLD and CATSA in a professional manner at all times
- Competitive Salary
- Paid training
- Free Uniforms
- Competitive benefits package
- Schedules posted minimum 2 weeks in advance
- Minimum 16 hours per week
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident as defined in the Immigration Act with an employment authorization document
- Must be able to pass a background check
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Must have reliable transportation to work for all scheduled hours (i.e., 3:00am start)
- Must be available for shift work
- Must be willing to accept full time hours if need arises
- Must be 18 years of age and older
- High School Diploma or equivalent(GED)
- Need to be available for any scheduled shift (24 hours/day, 7 days/week) even though it is a part-time position.
- Training period is Full-Time hours for 6-8 weeks
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience, excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail a must, ability to handle stress, great initiative
- Previous security experience an asset but not necessary
- English Fluency; Spoken/Written/Reading (French is not required but is a definite asset)
GardaWorld Aviation is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status or any other protected status.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Airport, Preboarding, Screenin, Officer, Security, guard, career, job, police foundations, security diploma, private security, military, veterans, reservist