We are landing projects at a speedy pace and are looking for a Software Developer who is wanting to champion new projects with the mindset that every challenge showcases an area of growth. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work as much as their team members do and demonstrate their skills in Typescript, React, React Native, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, PostgreSQL in a unique and exciting way!
Our amazing developers work with our designers to make the client's dream a reality. They collaborate, innovate, and follow industry best practices to launch the code that forms the heart and brain of each new project. We create things that don't currently exist with a special mix of code, design and a lot of heart. We're talking about creating new products that will make history, make people's lives better and make efficiency way more attractive than ever before.
If you are looking to make a meaningful impact in the world of technology, apply today!
Important facts about this role:
- Role is located in Calgary, AB with Hybrid option available.
- Expected Start Date: December 30, 2021 or when successful candidate is found.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Applying technical knowledge to app development.
- Taking design concepts from dream phase to reality.
- Collaborate to plan and design custom software for our internal products and client specific projects.
- Design solutions to projects based on business requirements and specifications.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future application development projects.
- Design and implement proof of concept applications as part of the research phase of the project.
- Provide direction to the development team for complex or difficult programming tasks.
- Train, coach, and mentor other developers to grow expertise within the company.
- Utilize best practices to continually improve software solutions.
- Research and recommend new tools and technologies.
- Maintain technical documentation to educate developers on software architecture.
- Review and refactor code to optimize performance and maintainability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- React & React Native
- Node.js with Koa.js
- Docker, Kubernetes & Pulumi
- Chakra UI & Styled Components (CSS-in-JS)
- MobX State Management
- Objection ORM + Knex.js
- App Config
- HTML & CSS
- Enjoys working in an intimate team setting and has a "all-for-one, one-for-all" mentality.
- Natural level of personal investment in the quality of work they do and works to match the work of the team.
- Solid understanding and experience with System Design.
- Very comfortable in building web applications with React.
- Comfortable using React Native to build iOS and Android applications to it's entirety.
- Solid understanding of ES6+ features.
- Extremely comfortable working with Node.js.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases.
- Comfortable with building and working with REST APIs.
- Assist the team in production and automation.
- Improving deployment, efficiency, reliability, security and scalability of these services.
- Creating and updating Knowledge Base (KB) content.
- Deploying, monitoring and maintaining internal and external products.
- Extra bonus points for first-hand experience with Scrum, Kubernetes and Docker.
Launchcode is a proud and affirmative equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity, age, martial status, disability or any other legally protected status. Launchcode makes hiring decisions based on solely on qualifications, merit and the current business needs. We encourage everyone to apply.
We thank you for finding our posting and sending in your application. We can't wait to receive it!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Relational databases: 2 years (preferred)
- Node.js: 2 years (preferred)
- React: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19