To achieve the highest level of independence and self-worth through positive influence in social interaction and communication. Our ultimate goal is to improve quality of life in a family like environment.
South Shore Residential Services
South Shore Residential Services provides residential support to adults and children living with a developmental disability. All of our homes are situated in waterfront, rural settings near Sharbot Lake, Ontario and offer immediate access to a variety of outdoor activities. All residences are easily accessible from Perth, Smiths Falls and Kingston.
We are seeking staff to assist individuals with their daily living skills. Duties are related to assisting the resident with maintaining a home (cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.) as well as in a community setting (i.e. education, recreation, socialization, medical, dental, family contact etc.). Training and mentoring will be provided.
· Supports the activities of daily living including personal hygiene, grooming, meal preparation, the use of leisure time and safety issues where appropriate.
· Monitors, prepares and administers medication as prescribed.
· Assist in preparing, monitoring and implementing Plans of Care.
· Promotes skill development in residents whenever possible.
· Participates in home related duties as required (i.e. cooking, cleaning, laundry etc.)
· Drives residents to day programs, school, appointments, activities etc. utilizing South Shore vehicles.
· Perform other duties as related.
· Graduate of a Community College or University in a related field (i.e. Developmental Service Worker, Behavioural Science technologist, Personal Support Worker etc.) or equivalent. Consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the educational requirements but do possess life experience and personality that embodies the philosophy of South Shore that would benefit our residents.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills combined with sound judgement.
· Ability to meet the physical demands of the job and to work shifts
· A valid G driving license with full driving privileges.
· Current certifications in CPR, First Aid and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention would be an asset (training will be provided in the absence of such)
Job Type: Full-time