Commisso’s Fresh Foods offer a wide variety of products that range from our in-house kitchen and bakery to imports from all over Europe. When choosing the right products to carry, we focus on fresh, organic, and speciality products that cannot be found within Niagara Region.
Our customers depend on our Hot FoodDepartment to provide excellent products and accurate knowledge when it comes to purchasing ready-to-eat hot and cold food itemsfor their families. In the role of a Hot Food Clerk, you will play an integral role in ensuring customers are able to shop our hot fooddepartmentfor the products they want.
- Greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively assisting and providing accurate and timely information, making product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests;
- Maintaining the overall appearance of the department, including prep stations and display cases;
- Ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to showcase quality;
- Preparing, packaging,sorting, and pricing/labeling food products for customers;
- Stocking and rotating products in all displays, and ensuring that none are past the sell-by date;
- Meeting or exceeding Company guidelines regarding hygiene, presentation and customer service at allhot foodcasesand workstations;
- Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities performed throughout the department; and
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in a hot fooddepartment or related food-handling role is considered an asset;
- Team player with a positive and energetic attitude;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds;
- Must be able to stand at work stations for extend periods of time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be organized and to set priorities while meeting deadlines and managing interruptions;
- Ability to identifying challenges and proactively problem solve;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team that embraces differences of opinions;
- Ability to remain professional is all circumstances; andAvailable to work days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send resumetoCommisso’s Fresh Foods Human Resources Department. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Commisso’s Fresh Foods believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Job Type: Part-time
- food handling: 1 year (Preferred)