Cash Casino LP was recently acquired by a new ownership group and is undertaking a transformation and modernization of its Casino businesses located in Calgary and Red Deer. We are an Alberta based, family owned business looking to grow our Casino’s leadership team.
This is a great opportunity to join Cash Casino as the Assistant General Manager. The position is based in Calgary and oversees the casino operations of Cash Casino Calgary and Cash Casino Red Deer. The long-term role for Assistant General Manger is to ultimately grow and transition into the General Manager position over several years as part of our proactive succession planning.
The Assistant General Manager will report directly to the General Manager, the ownership group and the parent company CFO and will be supported by an experienced operations, accounting and finance team.
We are seeking a leader who is self motivated and eager to redesign the business with an actively involved ownership group and be a mentee to a knowledgeable and experienced General Manager.
We will be renovating and rebuilding the physical properties (interior and exterior of buildings), as well as updating accounting systems, marketing and player loyalty programs, F&B systems and various other operation processes. As the business will be undergoing a transformation, the ownership group will work collaboratively with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager on each scope of work and meet on a weekly basis.
The Assistant General Manager will help oversee a team of over 300 employees including the casino operations, food & beverage, security & surveillance, and marketing teams as well as work with AGLC on compliance matters.
If you have a passion to be an integral part of an inspired and motivated leadership team this is the opportunity for you.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Provides general leadership to all teams and oversees the effective operations of the business through direction and excellent customer service;
· Directs and reviews marketing objectives for maintaining equitable traffic flows and promoting special events;
· Optimizes casino profitability by analyzing results and implementing necessary changes to improve revenue while managing expenses;
· Evaluates departmental performance against industry benchmarks and best business practices;
· Provides a monthly report summarizing the status of all material aspects of the operations of the casinos;
· Prepares and submits a comprehensive written annual report that concentrates on all material aspects of the casinos for the preceding 12-month period and casino department performance;
· Evaluates all internal procedures and seeks refinements and improvements to the departmental processes and business operations;
· Responsible for controlling labour and other operating costs to ensure they are directly in line with the casino’s volume level;
· Aids in developing and executing short and long range casino marketing plans and programs to ensure profit and growth;
· Participates in formulating and administering company policies, standard operating procedures and directs and coordinates department activities;
· Establish and maintain effective business relationships with creditors and local business merchants and clientele;
· Reviews analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives;
· Develops, reviews, updates, and implements business strategic planning including financial performance, internal controls, and approved AGLC policies and procedures;
· Supervises, directs, and participates in the growth and development of all department heads in the performance of their duties;
· Manage direct reports in a positive manner, offering them direction, guidance and mentorship to assist them in their professional growth;
· Promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
· Oversees the hiring, retaining, promoting, evaluating, training, disciplining and terminating employees with concurrence of department directors, supervisors, and managers.
· Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Qualifications and skills
· Previous casino experience is an asset but not required. Casino/Gaming industry operational training and mentoring will be provided by the founding owner of Cash Casino over a several year time frame;
· Knowledge of the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission Terms & Conditions and Operating Guidelines;
· Ability to motivate and maintain a viable work force;
· Experience reviewing, understanding, managing and discussing a monthly financial results;
· Our strategic decisions will be based on data driven analysis, the successful candidate must have a comfort level with data analysis and financial/cost review in Excel;
· Previous experience managing a team of at least 50 employees;
· Develop efficient staff schedules, labour cost budgeting, monitoring and controls;
· Proactively identifying issues and vigorously working to resolve them in a timely manner;
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Must be a team player and value the success of the entire team;
· Ability to expertly manage multiple projects and deadlines;
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
Competitive compensation will be based on experience and education. Compensation includes individual and family health, life insurance and dental benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent