ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
About the Position:
The Warehouse Assistant will support the warehouse functions within the lab.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prepare packaging for outgoing shipments of pulp samples and rejects;
- Sorting, locating and retrieving sample pulp and rejects from the warehouse facility using forklift;
- Assist with inventory control, pulp and reject storage, disposal and return to clients in a timely manner;
- Ensure sample records and supplies are complete and accurate;
- Conduct local deliveries and pick-ups as needed;
- Provide inventory count to invoice clients for their pulp and reject storage;
- General shipping, receiving and supplies warehousing functions as needed;
- Provides assistance to clients and other ALS Branches when necessary;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately and thoroughly;
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Basic computer skills in using keyboard, mouse, internet, etc.;
- Basic verbal English communication skills and ability to read English;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Grade 12 diploma preferred;
- Forklift license and experience operating a forklift an asset (on site certification will be required);
- Some Warehouse and Shipping & Receiving experience an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Extensive walking or movement, bending, kneeling, and working with machines
- Frequently wearing a dust mask;
- Comfortable in environments with high noise levels;
- Ability to sit and/or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.