Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Acting as a 2nd tier level of technical support for our IT Servicedesk while promoting and providing an IT consultation service to staff and elected officials of Niagara Region.
Primarily focused on the provision of technical support and problem resolution while guiding and advising staff on IT related solutions and new technologies related to various Telecommunication & Mobility related issues. Recommending and facilitating solutions for customers to effectively meet their requirements and fall within the standards and objectives of the corporation. Provide End-User training, repair and support to customers in the areas of configuration, installation and problem resolution related to a wide range of End-User issues.
This position will act as the primary IT liaison to internal and external departments, shared service partners and members of council on the resolution of various Telecommunication & Mobility related support issues.
- University Degree, or Three (3) year College Diploma in a Computer Science or Information Technology Program or a significant combination of education, training, experience along with a working knowledge of support in Telecommunication related systems and services.
- A+, Network+, MCP or other telecommunications related certification would be a definite asset;
- ITIL certification would be a definite asset;
- 3- 5 years of related technical support experience in a mid to large scale Corporate environment supporting telecommunications systems and services;
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in supporting Avaya suite of products including PBX, voicemail and desktop telephones (SIP, IP, digital, analog).
- 3 – 5 years of related experience supporting a large mobile environment including Samsung devices, Airwatch MDM, cellular phones, pagers, mobile internet devices, etc.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in an IT Servicedesk / IT Help Desk role
- Experience with speech recognition, call centre operations and reporting, teleconferencing, and Microsoft Skype is a definite asset.
- Strong team and customer service skills;
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with telecommunications service providers for provisioning, troubleshooting, cancelling telecommunications services such as voice and data landline services, and wireless services (voice, text, data);
- Strong telecommunications hardware troubleshooting skills, including configuration and installation of associated devices such as desktop telephones, headsets, wireless devices and cabling;
- Working knowledge, and experience with, local and wide area network technologies;
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, the business functions in end-user departments;
- Must possess excellent analytical, task management and planning, problem solving, and adult teaching skills;
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form;
- Excellent Teaching and presentation skills for a wide range of audiences (group, classroom or one-on-one), using a variety of mediums.
- Professional work attitude, eager, effectively deal with constant change and conflicting priorities and learning new concepts;
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted class "G" license along with a personal vehicle to use as required in travel to and from various regional locations as part of daily work responsibilities.
- May be subject to occasional overtime
- May be required to work weekends or after hours to implement changes, upgrades or respond to emergencies
- May be required to work an alternate schedule for shift coverage or as requested by the Manager/Supervisor.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.