We are Hiring for a Senior Software Developer (BackOffice).
About the role:
The Product Development Team at PayByPhone is looking for a dedicated and curious Senior Software Developer for the BackOfficeTeam. We are growing in a big way and are searching for great developers like you to join us.
The BackOffice Team (A.K.A. Administration & Inventory Management Team) builds and operates the User Interfaces and underlying backend for a frontend API to power the daily workflows of our clients, customer service team and internal stakeholders.
Our latest task is to transition from a monolithic web application to a react front-end single page application, all while supporting new product feature rollouts such as permits and offstreet parking. This role will get an opportunity to work with product managers, technical teams and UX designers in improving daily workflows for multiple stakeholders in need. Every member of the team contributes to BackOffice's technical direction, taking the lead in specific technical and functional areas.
You can make an impact here.
Here's what you'll do:
- Leave your fingerprints on the design of products, architect our infrastructure, and improve technical documentation
- You are a go-to technical expert for other people in the organization, articulating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Write code and mentor teammates as they test-drive code for new features and bug fixes
- Work with your team to design and develop automated test suites and establish test plans
- Work with product management and client services to scope out work and define acceptance criteria
- Participate in code reviews to share expertise with the team, ensure code quality, and verify PCI compliance
- Participate in mob- and pair-programming sessions to distribute knowledge across the team and collaborate on finding solutions to complex problems
- Use and improve our automated CI/CD pipeline
- Provision and maintain cloud infrastructure for your team's products
- Monitor the health and success of your team's products through application and system metrics
- Own the success of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service during outages
The nice to haves:
- 5+ years' experience designing, developing, and maintaining scalable production software that stands up to real-world users and production conditions
- An excellent understanding of software engineering techniques
- Expert-level ability to code in languages such as C#, Java or Node.JS
- Worked in an agile development environment using processes like Kanban or Scrum
- Experience mentoring junior and intermediate developers
- Experience with TDD/BDD practices
- Keep up with new technologies and find ways to improve the status quo
- Collaborative approach to decision-making
- Strong communication skills; work effectively within the team (with both remote and local team members) as well as with other teams
Success in this role looks like:
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS/Azure
- Experience with service-oriented or microservices architecture
- Experience with refactoring
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design concepts
- Experience with production monitoring and observability
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people:
- Writing clean, maintainable code with good test coverage
- Helping the team make technical decisions, taking a lead role where appropriate
- Effectively communicating technical decisions
- Mentoring junior and intermediate team members, helping to grow new technical leaders
- Making regular contributions to the team's processes, roadmap, and architecture
- Helping improve the operational reliability of the team's systems
a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we're on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We're one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can't do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.