**PLEASE NOTE THE HOURS REQUIRED: Saturday's and Sunday's ONLY - from 3:00 pm - Close**
Budtender Job Description
Cannabis Sensation is a new, independent cannabis retail store in Burlington, ON. We are building a team of passionate, knowledgeable budtenders to provide our guests with the best possible experience. We are not just looking to hire individuals, we’re looking to invest in a team that will grow with our brand!
Budtenders are at the heart of the customer experience – they will assist guests with any questions they may have, help them find the right products, and carry out transactions. They must be knowledgeable about cannabis plants, cannabis products and cannabis regulations.
- Welcome guests to the store and ensure that each individual is 19+.
- Engage with guests within the store and help them find the right cannabis products.
- Receive cannabis product shipments from the Ontario Cannabis Store.
- Ensure that store security protocols are followed.
- Move inventory throughout the store (restocking, facing displays and fulfilling purchases).
- Maintain a clean store environment (sweeping, disinfecting surfaces, dusting).
- Operating point-of-sale systems and using a cash register to complete transactions.
All applicants are required to be:
- able to receive a passing score for CannSell standard certification.
- able to move loads up to 15 kg.
- legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship or other limitation.
- at least 19 years of age.
- comfortable using computers for varied tasks.
- fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- available to work for 8-hour shifts.*
- able to work evenings, weekends and peak-summer times.*
- at a minimum, high school graduates or equivalent.
*Availability requirements may be relaxed for the right applicant.
Accommodations will be made for employees with mobility issues.
Successful applicants will be:
- self-starters that look for ways to improve themselves and the store.
- passionate about helping guests.
- honest with a strong set of workplace ethics.
- knowledgeable about cannabis products, usage, and regulations.
New employees will be required to submit a current and clear criminal background check within the first 3 months of employment or may be asked to obtain a security clearance through a 3rd party service.
Cannabis Sensation values diversity in our team, as well as in our customers, suppliers and others. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00-$19.25 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)