VPAC Construction Group is looking for an experienced CSO with OFA Level 2 for new build multi-family residential project in North Vancouver. Min 5 years’ experience in site safety required; as well as construction knowledge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide Health & Safety functional leadership, mentorship and guidance to site operations and management personnel
- Respond to issues relating to health, safety, environment, emergency response, performance metrics and safety management systems for site operations
- Conducting site inspections and identifying hazards and correcting them where necessary
- Implement the VPAC Health and Safety protocols on site
- Conduct daily public health & safety inspections and maintaining records
- Ensure COVID-19 procedures and policies are followed throughout the site
- Schedule and organize safety training and orientations (including tool box talks)
- Support Safety Team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
- Communicate safety requirements to all personnel on site
- Provide site orientations to new workers/visitors to the site
- Administer first aid services to all personnel on the work site as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable about WorkSafe BC requirements
Please forward your resume in either a Word or PDF document.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS, ONLY DIRECT CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Permanent
- Construction Safety: 5 years (required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place