Reporting to the Actuarial Director Pricing, the Actuarial Manager, Product Pricing (Personal Lines) is responsible for providing leadership to a dynamic actuarial team in one of Canada’s very successful and innovative P&C insurance providers.
- Support the director to define strategic directions in key markets;
- Collaborate with internal leaders regarding pricing and support business development of the organization in key regions;
- Develop and support department business plan based on strategic objectives and targeted results and ensure action plans for administrative units under his/her responsibility are carried out.
- Contribute to developing product/market/network regional strategies through risk segmentation, including management of general rate levels, evolution of the pricing structure and the underwriting rules for the company’s insurance products;
- Develop and implement regional development strategies for ratemaking strategies (general rate levels and ratemaking structure) and underwriting strategies;
- Analyze key actuarial metrics, spearhead knowledge sharing within the organization and adjust accordingly through effective ratemaking and underwriting expertise;
- Participate in implementing business solutions that will contribute to the business development initiatives;
- Ensure efficient management and use of resources and processes on an ongoing basis, using an approach focused on results, service quality and clients;
- Create teams of engaged professionals who strive for optimal results;
- Pursue management practices and communication strategies that will continue to foster skills and career development, employee engagement and diversity, aligned with the company’s values;
- Support and oversee the implementation of activities related to the unit's service offering and ensure the completion of department projects to maximize targeted business results and ensure client satisfaction;
- Oversee individual and team performance to support the execution of the organization's business plans;
- Continually improve the management of processes under his/her responsibility;
- Promote the company’s cooperative values.
- Pursue the development of the company’s insurance segmentation strategies to protect the profitability of its operations in a context of rapid growth and market cycles;
- Manage relations with regulatory authorities, including FSCO (Ontario) and other regulatory bodies;
- Participate in industry committees: Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) and Canadian Association of Direct Relationship Insurers (CADRI);
- Support growth initiatives with the integration of the company’s insurance and business development support roles.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills. Demonstrate tact in dealing with others. Encourage and support teamwork and cohesion within and between teams;
- Act as a coach for his or her team and emphasize personalized contact with employees;
- Ability to support the company’s strategic focus and business strategies;
- Create an environment for employee growth;
- Is results-driven and action-oriented;
- Management skills: actualize short and medium-term strategic orientations for the sector in action plans, prioritize goals identified in the strategic plan, ensure the implementation and follow-up of these goals;
- Possess in-depth business, industry, and technical knowledge, including best practices and standard practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in P&C insurance actuarial services (especially in ratemaking);
- Experience managing specialized professionals;
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) and Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA);
- Good knowledge with risk segmentation tools (ie GLM).
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)