Be familiar with and supportive of the mission statement and values of Operation Friendship Seniors Society.
- Follow all policies and procedures as defined by Operation Friendship Seniors Society.
- Prepare and serve the daily meals and snacks as per established menu.
- Ensure all baking is completed as per established guidelines.
- Ensure that kitchen supplies are maintained and properly stored.
- Ensure that necessary food supplies are ordered as per established guidelines.
- Ensure that proper food handling and safety guidelines are followed as required by the Capital Health Food Safety Regulations.
- Ensure the dining room is cleaned as per established guidelines.
- Ensure that the kitchen and surrounding area is kept clean, free of pests and of conditions that lead to the harboring or breeding of pests.
- Ensuring all kitchen equipment and utensils are cleaned and sanitized as per Capital Health Food Safety Regulation.
- Report any changes in the clients’ status (physical and/or mental) to the Site Manager.
- At all times demonstrate a positive, caring and professional attitude to all seniors, staff members, other agencies and visitors.
- Attend all Agency staff/team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $19.05 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required