*********Please visit www.trentu.ca/employment to apply for this position. Applications submitted through job boards will not be accepted.*******************
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Administration, works closely with Associate Vice Presidents and Directors in the Finance and Administration portfolio, as well as the reporting staff in the PVP offices and the Secretariat. Provides complex administrative support to the Vice President, Finance and Administration in a broad range of corporate activities including managing the VP office and communication, planning and monitoring project plans and timelines, financial monitoring of VP Finance and Administration budgets, and special projects in order to make the most efficient use of the VP’s time. Coordinates and supports several Administrative Advisory Committees, Management Committees and Project Steering Committees. Acts as liaison between the VP’s office and the Secretariat ensuring Board of Governor and its subcommittee reports (Finance & Property, Audit and Investment & Pension) are completed and sent in on time. Coordinates projects/meetings as required e.g. staff budget meetings, committee member elections, special events, building tours, contests, etc.)
Scheduling and Meeting Management
1. Organize and manage the day-to-day activities of the VP to ensure efficient and effective office operations. Coordinates and schedules all of the VP’s meetings. Coordinates with the PVP offices, the Secretariat and other departments regarding the organizing and running of meetings, organizes travel arrangements, maintains filing systems, tracks time-sensitive documents and performs complex duties to assist the VP as required.
2. Manages all communication for the VP including correspondence, reports, presentations and emails.
3. Monitors follow-up with all distributions that require answers, responses and written replies, and ensures the VP has complete information upon which to base decisions.
4. Provides information, advice and analysis regarding correspondence, special events, daily schedules and university communications.
5. Composes letters, memos, emails and website content for internal faculty, staff, students, and external partners, associations, government agencies and the general public.
6. Edits reports going to the Board or its Committees.
7. Conducts independent research, as required, involving interpretation and application of University policies, rules and regulations to aid in composition of correspondence.
8. Coordinates and provides administrative support, including creating agendas, background materials for meetings and taking meeting minutes for several VP Management, Advisory and Project Steering Committees.
9. Tracks and sends out reminders of action items required to be completed by committee members and the VP.
10. Conducts research, develops forms, writes memos and drafts reports and communiqués as required for the VP Committees.
11. Represents the VP in Committee meetings as required.
12. Acts as Secretary to several Committees including Extended Management Committee, Space Management Committee, Finance and Administration Department Heads Group, Facilities and Grounds Advisory Committee, Nature Areas Stewardship Advisory Committee, Operations Management Committee, and other Construction and Project Committees as required.
13. Liaises with external entities such as the MTCU, COU/CSAO, CURIE, CAUBO, City of Peterborough, City of Oshawa, other post-secondary institutions, contractors, consultants, lawyers, tenants, bank and investment companies, etc. regarding coordination of meetings, reporting requirements and requests.
14. Handles general enquiries and complaints, including referral to the appropriate portfolio for action and follow up.
1. Responsible for the management of the VP budgets and tracking expenditures of several financial accounts including University General, VP Admin office, VP Contingency, and the Equipment Replacement Fund, as well as the Endowment Lands accounts to ensure responsible financial management.
2. Completes purchase requisitions for purchases and payment of invoices on all accounts.
3. Reconciles the VP F&A and VP F&A Office VISA statements monthly, ensuring all expense documentation, approvals, budget allocations, and online submission are done in a timely fashion.
4. Acts as purchasing agent for the VP F&A Office and Riverside Hallway for all equipment, furniture & supplies, which includes liaison with suppliers, acquiring prices, processing orders or supervision of same and maintaining records and ensuring payment.
5. Discovers and investigates inaccuracies within the accounts and take appropriate measures for reconciliation.
6. Provides administrative support to the VP for the annual and quarterly work planning, budgeting and financial monitoring processes.
7. Makes recommendations for required budget reductions based off of a total reduction goal.
8. Assists with the preparation of funding proposals to (MTCU) as required including acquiring information from several sources and editing large reports to ensure accuracy and consistent content.
1. Monitors the submission of various university reports and project plans, ensuring the required information is provided and submitted on time, by offering assistance, interpretation and clarification on reporting requirements where needed, in order to ensure compliance with government and/or university requirements and timelines. (i.e. Government/MTCU proposals and reports such as long-term Capital Planning and the annual Public Sector Salary Disclosure as well as monthly reports to the Board of Governors and its Committees (Finance and Property Committee, Audit & Investment Committee, Investment and Pension Committee, Pension Sub-Committees).
2. Provide project coordination for VP projects including administrative support (group correspondence, historical backgrounds, etc.), meeting scheduling, agendas
3. Work with legal and consultants (financial and facilities) to coordinate and consolidate internal feedback on RFP’s
4. Plans, manages and initiates special projects on behalf of the Vice President. Performs high priority and confidential duties as necessary (i.e. drafting PVP Sub-Committee memos, research for reorganization proposals, tracking staff human rights complaint documents, etc.).
5. Organizes and completes logistics for all-staff budget meetings, President’s Open Forums and other internal or external meetings or events (construction project open house, focus sessions, etc.) as required.
General University Degree (3 year)
2. Experience in the development and management of large budgets, including familiarity with general accounting and budget systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $30.86 to $41.15 /hour