Kelowna - UBC Okanagan
BCGEU OK Food Services
Sales Attendant - Front Counter
UBCO-AVP Finance & Operations
UBCO - Food Services
Desired Start Date:
Please note this position is sessional, ongoing each year from September to the end of April (May, June, July, August off).
Monday-Friday, 3:30pm-7:30pm (20 Hours/Week)
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Sale Attendant provides exceptional customer service to all clients of UBCO Food Services. This could include serving customers, taking payments and preparing food and beverages in either food service restaurants, residences or retail outlets.
Reporting to the Food Services Manager, the position interacts with other Food Services Staff as well as staff, faculty students and all other customers. Receives direction and guidance form the Senior Sales Attendant.
- Serves customers.
- Takes payments.
- Prepares food and beverages in food service restaurants, residences and retail outlets.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to the Food Services Manager. Takes day to day direction from the Senior Sales Attendant.
No supervision given.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Poor customer service could negatively impact the reputation of UBCO Food Services.
Grade 10 or equivalent and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. One year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must complete and pass associated specialized training program, if located in a specialized Skills Outlet (i.e. Tim Hortons, Subway, Starbucks, etc). . - Ability to maintain cafeteria in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts.
- Must be flexible and able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods; ability to multitask.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.