JATEC has been connecting communities for 35 years. We have expertise in the installation of fibre optic telecommunications, shallow utilities for residential development, street lighting, and highway sign infrastructure across Canada.
People + Power is the focus. We are committed to creating an environment where people learn and grow, and pride ourselves on our culture by hiring and promoting the right people.
Join JATEC as a Heavy Equipment Operator and build your career today with an established and growing company.
At this time we are currently seeking to fill an immediate need for full time employment in the construction industry.
- Industry competitive hourly wages
- Overtime opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate Heavy Equipment (Excavator, Backhoe).
- Dig, backfill, and sand trenches with heavy equipment.
- Drive truck and trailer to haul materials and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on equipment.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment
- Perform hydraulic system repairs.
- Perform labour tasks as needed.
- Site setup and cleanup.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Class 5 driver’s license, clean abstract, and own reliable vehicle.
- At least 3 years of experience operating heavy equipment.
- Experience driving truck with trailer.
- Apprentice or Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician is an asset.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Underground utilities or telecommunications experience is an asset.
Apply with your Indeed resume or send resume and cover letter to hr at jatec.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- Equipment maintenance and repairs: 3 years (Preferred)
- heavy equipment operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)