We are currently looking for concrete forming foreman for a custom home project in North York. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, ambitious, has strong work ethics, and a team player.
Please apply via Indeed with your resume and references, cover letters are optional.
Please do not contact the office once you have applied. Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to correctly interpret blueprints, follow instructions and work independently, as well as, lead a team of labourers
- To oversee all activities relating to the erection of the concrete structures
- Responsible for the preparation, placing, installation, finishing and curing of concrete
- Estimate the amount of labour and material required for the project and oversee the use of equipment and tools
- Dividing concrete construction into stages and evaluating how much labour and materials are required for each stage
- Form foundation, as detailed on the approved working drawings;
- Check the forms to ensure they are properly constructed;
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation and instructing concrete labourers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness
- Pour materials into or on designated areas. Signal equipment operators to indicate proper equipment positioning;
- Apply material to fill gaps in material;
- Compact material to create level bases;
- Monitor how the wind, heat or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process;
- Ability to form foundation walls for bay windows, with template supplied by the Owner;
- Experienced in installing rebar, anchor bolts and forming/grouting of sleeves;
- Provide all necessary expansion joints;
- Install damp proofing and weeping tile system;
- Have own personal protective equipment;
- Must have 3 mandatory training completed.
- Enforce compliance with safety regulations
- Maintain accurate records of the number of hours worked and the amount of materials used
- UNION POSITION- Paid by piecework or hourly
Job Type: Contract
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- crew leading: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ontario Building Code knowledge (Preferred)
- Union 183 worker (Preferred)
- forming crew (Preferred)
- driving license and reliable vehicle (Preferred)
- willing to accept piecework (Preferred)