Our developer focused team culture encourages our engineers to be self motivated and self directed. We value leadership and people with passion who will take ownership to make their mark on our product within this growing business space.
Vena is an equal opportunity employer and focuses on the importance of diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please include those in your application or when speaking with our talent team and we will ensure any accommodation needs are met.
Check out the team blog for more details at engineering.vena.io ( http://engineering.vena.io/ )
What you will do
- Write clean, high-quality, front-end React code
- Build reusable front-end components and libraries
- Design and implement modern web applications using HTML5/CSS3/ES6+ with a focus on user experience
- Design prototypes that quickly evolve into mission critical tools used by our clients
- Refactor, simplify and optimize code so new features can be developed more effectively
- Work in a highly collaborative, team environment using agile/scrum
Does this sound like you?
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- A passion for technology and a focus on staying current with the latest client-side libraries
- Experience building rich UI designs using HTML5/CSS3
What we use
Please note this reflects a portion of our technical stack. We are constantly evolving and revisiting our stack to be on the cutting edge:
- A Java 8 back-end Server using Google Guice, Hibernate, and Dropwizard
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine with our in house DSL, and ANTLR-based compiler
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redshift, and RDS
- Supporting Java-based micro-services
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure with automated CI/CD pipeline
If you are passionate about systems that scale elegantly and auto-tune themselves, about using open source technologies, and about contributing back to the community, then this job is for you.
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.