Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
Work Model: Hybrid.
The work location for this role is flexible to Guelph and Regina.
As the Policy Communications Specialist you will be responsible for the development, leadership and execution of complex communications strategies that support product and policy changes. You will develop relationships and liaise with stakeholders to successfully deliver on strategic goals and objectives.
What you’re responsible for:
- Creating communication strategies and providing counsel to stakeholders for major initiatives.
- Providing leadership for communications related to technical policy and coverage and measuring communication plans and results for individual tactics.
- Developing and maintaining policy communication standards and style guides to enhance quality and promote consistency.
- Researching, writing, and editing content for a wide range of communication initiatives and mediums.
- Facilitating positive relationships and acting as a trusted resource and first point of contact for stakeholders.
What to expect:
- You will travel occasionally.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
- You have five years of experience in strategic communications planning and execution, including experience working in an agile project management environment and the insurance industry.
- You have a post-secondary degree in Communications.
- You hold Plain Language, Change Management or Technical Communications certification(s), and the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation.
- You are highly proficient in writing, editing, and researching.
- Having completed courses with the Life Office Management Association (LOMA) is an asset.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19