Monstercat has an amazing part-time opportunity (20-30 hours per week) for a passionate and talented Junior Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Lead Graphic Designer, you will be designing a wide variety of creative material for print, web, and interactive platforms. Projects will include everything from marketing materials, tour and festival poster designs, promotional animations and videos, logos and branding projects, to merchandise designs and more! The ideal candidate will be someone who is also keen to contribute creative ideas that will help grow the Monstercat brand.
- Work closely with all departments to create a wide variety of design materials from concept through to completion
- Maintain digital marketing assets for campaigns, including promotions and brand activations
- Ensure assets are designed in line with brand guidelines
- Work with a vast range of mediums, from graphic design to motion graphics
- Conduct image research and gathering
- Organize and track project workflow
- Keeping up-to-date with industry design trends
- Assist in the organization of department files and directory
- Bachelor’s in Design or 1+ years design experience
- Strong visual conceptual abilities and overall design skills
- Ability to follow rough design concepts and turn them into polished assets
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop, After Effects,Illustrator, and Indesign.
- Ability to edit and retouch photos and video
- A good grasp of typography
- An understanding or experience with editorial and layout design
- Ability to effectively track, manage, and clearly communicate your time
- Self-starter and able to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and meticulous attention to detail
- A passion for great design, digital marketing, and social media
- Experience with GIF animations
- Familiarity with Mailchimp and/or Shopify
- Print or Pre-Press experience
- Illustration, photography, and video editing skills
- GSAP (Greensock Animation Platform) programming language
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity
- Work a flexible work week in our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, scroll to Careers at the bottom, choose the role, and click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- The link to your design portfolio/personal website
- A summary of your work experience (aka resume)
If it’s a match, we’ll be in touch! Thanks for your interest in Monstercat!
Please apply via our website so we can keep a proper record of all applicants. Applications via Indeed will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Part-time