We’re a naan traditional company…
What is the recipe for a great career at FGF?
Working at FGF Brands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial mindset which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Let’s be frank. FGF is not for everybody. Our culture is unique. We dive headfirst into the unknown. If you’re fun-loving, talented and fearless, we’re for you.
What FGF Offers:
- Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
- An inclusive and dynamic culture
- Accelerated career progression
- Commitment to learning and development
- Opportunity to be impactful
- Competitive compensation
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing overall mechanical support to the production group in the areas of packaging as well as processing and facilities to ensure continuous operations.
- Modify, repair, install, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot various types of machinery, equipment and facilities in the processing & packaging departments
- Diagnose mechanical problems, provide quick & innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics, fitting, plumbing, basic welding, metal fabrication, machining, troubleshooting, an analytical problem solving
- Experience with drill press, grinder, saws, and all other machine shop tools
- Setup, takedown, and relocation of bakery and packaging equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections
- Provide solution to routine or unique equipment problems
- Promptly respond to equipment related issues with customer-oriented manner
- Millwright License or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years mechanical experience in a high-speed packaging and/or manufacturing environment (food industry is highly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Lockout Procedures
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management software
- Good knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with electrical systems
- Basic Electrical skills (Licensed Electrician an asset)
- Willingness to work continental shift work
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
- Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
- Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Drives Execution – You are a risk taker!
Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Glassdoor Follow us on Instagram
The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.