The role of the operations manager at Genesis is one that is critical to the success of the day to day operations, clinical oversight and future of our organization. This role is responsible for clinical and regulatory oversight in partnership with the clinical operations director, employee development and growth, and efficient and proactive oversight of the clinic operations. This individual must be able to understand the granular protocols and processes of the practice, while having the understanding of long term needs of the business such as being survey ready, growing talent from within the center, seeking out external talent for future needs and being a liaison within the community.
Develops and leads day to day operations at the center level while interfacing with multiple departments including but not limited to providers, operations, clinical teams, lab operations, NHSF operations, compliance, regulatory bodies, finance, human resources, call center, medical records, revenue cycle, facilities and information technology.
- Responsible for direct oversight of non-clinical (front desk and administrative staff), clinical and day to day operations of the clinic including oversight of the nursing team, in collaboration with the nurse manager, patient navigators, medical assistants and patient coordinators; this includes direct oversight of human resources for laboratory and Non-hospital surgical facility operations in collaboration with the Medical Director and Laboratory Director
- Responsible for creating heightened expectations around patient and customer service whereby creating a best in class care experience
- Responsible for interventions relating to patient concerns and escalations and resolving in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Responsible for vendor and business associate contracts at the center level including but not limited to biohazard, scrubs, cleaning services, maintenance, and regulatory visits
- Responsible for daily nursing, patient navigator, medical assistant and patient coordinator schedules, PTO and timecard approval; also responsible for communicating provider PTO to the appropriate parties
- Responsible for QC and oversight of provider(s) schedules and templates to ensure maximizing the patient experience, creating a thoughtful and productive provide schedule and ensuring billing and regulatory compliance with patient visits
- Hires, coaches and develops employees for roles including but not limited to nursing, patient navigator, medical assistant and patient coordinator
- Responsible for regular employee training, coaching and performance reviews
- Works collaboratively and proactively with medical directors and providers within the practice operations
- Monitors and trends Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the practice operations
- Responsible for oversight, implementation and training for adherence for all protocols and policies
- Develops, implements and coordinates training programs in conjunction with applicable departments
- Develops and monitors corrective action strategies and action plans and communicates status of same to leadership.
- Responsible for site level P&L and budget in collaboration with finance manager
- Responsible for the oversight and protocols pertaining to POS and cash collections relating the patient billing and AR at the center level
- Responsible for oversight of life safety and practice level maintenance
- Monitors and keeps leadership abreast of regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems that may have financial impacts or involve regulatory intervention activities in collaboration with Compliance Officer.
- Communicates regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems as they relate to possible financial impacts and/or regulatory intervention activities in collaboration with Compliance Officer.
- Investigates regulatory or compliance related complaints received. Reports findings and resolutions to leadership and Compliance Officer.
- And other jobs as applicable relating to practice operations
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health, health administration, or related field
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Master's degree in business administration, public health, health administration, or related field.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a directly related field (health care operations).
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Health care, specifically in fertility.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- operations management: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)