- Experience working with children in a recreational setting
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR[C]
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS)issued for the YMCA of Niagara
- The YMCA is looking for applicants who want to be a role model of healthy lifestyles and physical activity for children, and make a difference within their community
- Team members must be willing and able to participate in active games on a regular basis, and will also be responsible for planning and implementing various aspects of the program
- Responsible for providing excellent member service following SAM 2.1 standards and principles
- Support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team
- Responsible for the safety and security of the children
- Participate with the children in a positive and supportive manner taking into consideration each child’s uniqueness
- Build relationships with and be a role model for children and youth
- Plan and implement program specific activities including sports, active games and nutritional activities
- To keep program areas clean, organized and safe for everyone’s use
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by noon on December 13, 2019.
Please indicate position and branch/cities applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Criminal Record Check (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)