Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for reliable part-time building services coordinator to work at our complex care facility, Monashee Mews, located in Lumby, BC.
Why work for Vantage Living?
- 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Flexible schedules to support work-life balance.
- Locally owned and operated.
- Beautiful, modern communities.
- A fun and vibrant company culture.
- Performs/contracts preventative maintenance work and makes routine repairs to electrical, plumbing, grounds, structural, mechanical and security systems. Maintains maintenance records and administers maintenance requisition system.Prioritizes work, secures qualified trades and service contractors and oversees completion of assignments. Confirms satisfactory completion of jobs.
- Provides building access for contractors and ensures effective liaison with Leadership teams to minimize client disruption and equipment downtime.
- Administers operation of geothermal heating and cooling units and troubleshoots problems. Sets up and monitors Direct Digital Control energy management systems.
- Performs minor repairs to buildings, fixtures and equipment including testing circuits to locate problems, replacing bulbs, switches, outlets and ballasts, repairing and/or replacing motors and pumps; supervises onsite projects with contractors.
- Maintains and updates the building services manual, fire safety and emergency preparedness plan. Ensures the safe operation and storage of maintenance tools and equipment. Moves medical and other furniture and assists clients to personalize their space.
- Performs minor interior and exterior painting including repair, painting, ensuring weatherproofing of all doors and windows, etc. Ensures specific structural maintenance procedures are followed; and
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Possibility of being dispatch to other communities in the Vantage Living company.
To Be Considered
- High school graduation and post secondary trades' certification in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, geothermal or other building trades appropriate to the duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and English proficiency
- Computer literacy and familiarity with building maintenance and monitoring software.
- Physical stamina to sustain bending, lifting and climbing.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time