The Walper Hotel
An iconic, contemporary, landmark property, we provide our guests with authentic memorable experiences by offering uncompromising service and ultimate comfort.
WE ARE HIIPP – We create unique personalized experience for everyone!
Who we are:
This is an opportunity to be part of a young, can-do vibrant team. We are a team that work together, support one another, and have a voice in our organization. We are part of a company that strives every day to be the best, that focuses on offering the highest quality guest experience, and that seeks to foster a fun, collaborative work environment, rich with opportunities for growth and development.
Who you are:
Do you light up a room? You know you do, admit it! Do you get stuck in the check-out line because you are having a great chat with the cashier? Do you end up best friends with your server by the end of your meal? Then you are who we need on our team!
We will settle for nothing less than energetic, naturally charismatic charmers who love interacting with people from all spheres and care deeply about connecting the dots to make our guests’ time with us as memorable as possible. We only want you if you can’t but help to go the extra mile and if making someone’s day is the highlight of yours.
What you will do:
- Exterior maintenance of the building, including sidewalks, parking areas and landscaped areas;
- Interior maintenance and repairs, including undertaking and assisting in mechanical (VRF), electrical, plumbing (water and sewage) and system repairs as well as dry wall repairs, painting, flooring and other duties as assigned;
- Routinely inspect the building and equipment to determine any additional maintenance or repairs needed and report such conditions to management;
- Assist with and maintain reporting logs, including preventative maintenance tasks and contractor access to building ensuring they abide by building guidelines;
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of all mechanical rooms, electrical rooms, pump rooms and cooling tower areas;
- Complete and track guestroom and equipment preventative maintenance
- Respond to and complete guest service requests as assigned to the highest customer care, including but not limited to changing of lights, unplugging toilets, bathtubs, sinks, general room maintenance and heating/cooling;
- Maintain a suitable inventory of building supplies and equipment;
- Be available to respond to building emergencies;
- Follow WHIMIS and provincial health and safety requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Maintenance Manager
Your skill set includes:
- Minimum of 2 years of building maintenance experience preferably in a hospitality environment working on minor repairs;
- Working towards a BES Certificate (Class II) an asset but not a requirement;
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial building maintenance procedures and a willingness to learn mechanical and electrical system processes and procedures;
- Valid Drivers’ License required and access to a vehicle is an asset;
- Must be able to work morning and evening shifts, weekend shifts, flexible schedule and be available on an on-call basis after hours;
- Must be physically fit, strong and willing to work outside in all types of weather. Constant standing and walking required throughout shift;
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be familiar with various small tools and able to work comfortably at heights;
- Solid communication and customer service skills;
- Able to work in a team oriented environment;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per The Walper Hotel’s standards.
- Shifts are scheduled within a seven-day period. A shift may be assigned at any of the following times: early morning, day and/or evening, weekends and holidays as determined by business requirements. On this basis flexibility and cooperation is required.
- Work is primarily inside - air-conditioned in the summer, heated in the winter. During both seasons, service and supervision may be required outdoors.
- Last minute changes in business volume: including additional business, last minute change in specifications, and or cancellations, may in turn result, in a shorter shift or extended shift, and/or additional shifts.
- Short and long stretches of lifting and bending
- Reaching and carrying equipment
- Moving furniture up and down stairs
Written and Verbal Skill
Must be able to communicate clearly, professionally and politely with guests and team members.
The Walper Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Handy Man: 1 year (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Canada (Required)