We are currently looking to add a full time Content Writer to our Calgary team. This role is responsible for developing content marketing pieces, such as SEO-driven, digitally-consumed and social-media-based content under the direction of the Director of Content and Social Media. The successful candidate will have proven experience writing for a variety of media channels, across various industry topics.
Core Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Copywriting and proofreading in a wide variety of styles, tones and formats.
- Keeping up-to-date with SEO and content marketing practices and incorporating those into collaborative work.
- Researching, writing and editing new pieces for marketing communications campaigns, predominantly in the form of web content, blog posts, articles, white papers, and social posts.
- Uploading and updating content on websites, social media scheduling software and other channels as needed.
- Auditing and editing historical pieces.
- Collaborate in the creation of client content calendars; establishing workflow of creation, editing and publishing of content.
- Proactively proposing new, innovative, sharable content ideas.
- Establish strong cross-departmental relationships.
Desired skills and experience:
- 3-5 years in a related capacity (content writing, copywriting, journalism, public relations).
- Superior grammar skills and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with social media content creation (including blog writing, promotional campaign creation, and infographics) across various channels and media types.
- Established written portfolio.
- Extremely strong time management skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Inherent understanding of writing for a target audience(s) and with specific marketing campaign objectives in mind.
- Firm understanding of brand strategy and development.
- Proven understanding of content marketing.
- Demonstrated competency on all social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, G+ and YouTube.
- Proficiency in WordPress and Adobe Design Suite considered assets.
- Agency experience and French language proficiency considered assets.
To apply please send your cover letter, resume and at least 3-4 samples of relevant long form copy and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time