The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning the equipment and facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices while meeting safe quality food standards.
- Tear down and set up assigned area(s) for cleaning.
- Prepare equipment, utensils and machinery for cleaning.
- Adhere to SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) in doing the given tasks at all times.
- Work with allergens i.e. peanuts and other nuts and chemicals
- Sweeping/mopping floors, cleaning overhead structures such as pipes, beams, ceilings which will require a ladder
- Periodically sweeping/cleaning inside cold rooms and storage freezers
- Garbage collection and dumping in garbage compactor (15-20 kg)
- Observe Health & Safety procedures at all times and report to Supervisor any observations that pose risks in the performance of duties.
- Follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) at all times.
- Attend required trainings and sign-up report forms on a timely manner.
- Contribute to team work and foster positive working relations with peers, co-employees and superiors.
- Preforms other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- May be required to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- May be required to perform repetitive motions
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping or squatting
- May be required to twist, turn, climb and/or crawl
- Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold
- Must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces
- Must be able to work with chemicals and be able to read WHMIS & MSDS information
- Ability to lift heavy objects (to a maximum of 25kg/50lbs)
Health and Safety
- Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
- Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions to your leadhand/supervisor.
- Report any damages of property and machinery to your leadhand/supervisor.
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace and Comply with Tradition Fine Foods Ltd. Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs
- High School Diploma (GED) or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of similar work experience in a manufacturing facility preferably in food manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Training in WHMIS and MSDS would be considered an asset
- Ability to maintain working relationship with coworkers and subordinates
- Flexible to work in different shifts and weekends
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)